Sunday, April 19, 2009

New arrivals.

Well here are my pumpkin seeds all covered up in nice moist compost and left in my "germinating room ". They are then covered with plastic sheeting so as to keep the compost moist and warm.Then its just a case of waiting and checking every day to make sure that the compost does not dry out.These were set on April 13.
And then today things started to stir.

They had to be moved to thier new home by the patio door so as to get that all important sunlight.They grew quite fast but will have to remain indoors till all danger of frost has past.

This year all the pumpkins I am growing are saved seed from pumpkins I grew last year.They are Northern Bush pumpkins which I sourced from Irish Seed Savers.

If you have a few minutes to spare here is a little video of the ones I grew last year.







No comments:

Post a Comment